Snappi 2 Pack
Are you tired of piercing one or all of your ten thumbs when trying to use a nappy pin?
Then it's time to "get hooked" with the nifty little fastener that replaces the pin! The Snappi® nappy fastener offers an easy and hygienic way to fasten nappies. The Snappi® fastener is much faster to use than pins and provide a nicely balanced secure fastening, which gives the nappy it is used on, a high degree of containment.
Snappi® gives a modern touch to baby care and will always be in demand as long as babies are born. It is made from a stretchable non-toxic material which is T-shaped with grips on each end. These grips inbed in the nappy fabric to ensure a snug-fitting nappy with enough natural movement for the baby. Snappi® is available in a range of bright and pastel colours.
HOW TO USE THE SNAPPI FASTENER
Snappi® fasteners must be used responsibly, and need to be used correctly in order to work effectively.
STRETCH the Snappi® fastener before its first use. The stretching triggers the ‘memory’ of the Snappi® to return to its original size, and in doing so, will pull the nappy to the middle to allow for a snug fit. It also makes it more pliable/elastic and therefore easier to use. This is essential for the Snappi® to work properly.
Stretch the Snappi® by holding it in the center with one hand and with your other hand, grab close to the end of one of the arms, avoiding the sharp teeth, and pull. Do not grab the Snappi® by the loops. Repeat this about 10 times for each arm. You will notice the material begin to soften up and become more elastic. Once you do this for each arm your Snappi® Nappy Fastener is ready for use!
Holding the diaper in place with one hand, attach the Snappi® with the other hand in 3 simple easy steps:
In other words, the Snappi® fastener should go from a ‘T’ shape to a ‘Y’ shape.
When attaching the Snappi®, hold onto the solid part of the tab. DO NOT pull on the loops. The loops can be used as an added safety feature - secure them over the teeth of the Snappi® when it is not in use - in order to cover the teeth.
Make sure that the Snappi® teeth have gripped properly into the nappy fabric and that it is ATTACHED SECURELY with all 3 arms. The 3 points of tension are important as it is the third arm that will help prevent the Snappi® from coming undone.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the nappy will fit snugly. It is ESSENTIAL to use a cover over the nappy and Snappi® fastener.
Snappi®s WORK BEST with terry cloth nappies, prefolds, and any other cloth nappies with a loose enough weave for the Snappi® to hook into. They DO NOT work well with tightly woven nappies, or nappies made from delicate fibres. They are only recommended for nappies where the diaper fabric is thick enough that the teeth on the grips do not touch baby’s skin.
By following these instructions, the Snappi® should be secure and the nappy will fit snugly.
- Snappi®s are not toys. Keep out of children’s reach when not in use!
- Replace your Snappi® if there is any physical damage or weak spots.
- Do NOT use a Snappi® on a child who is able to undo it or remove their diaper/diaper cover/clothing.
- Snappi®s should only be fastened by an adult.
- Use a cover over a Snappi® fastener.
- Do not leave your Snappi® in the sun for extended periods as this can eventually weaken the Snappi®.
Clean your Snappi® in hot soapy water. Do not launder with nappies in the washer as the grips could damage your nappies.
- Any tear in the Snappi® can lead to separation of a piece, presenting a possible choking hazard.
- Do not cut your Snappi® as this could create weak spots in your Snappi®.
- Do not pull on the loops of the Snappi® when attaching, as this can cause breakage. These loops serve as a safety feature only, as explained above. Use the flat, solid tabs for leverage.
- Inspect your Snappi® before each use. Discontinue use immediately if there is any sign of cracking, tearing, breakage or wear of any parts.
Please use a waterproof or cover over a Snappi® fastener
THIS PRODUCT IS NOT A TOY, AND SHOULD BE KEPT OUT OF CHILDREN'S REACH WHEN NOT IN USE. Pull the ring over the teeth of the fastener to avoid eager siblings getting pricked when the fastener is handled.